Monday, November 14, 2011

Music Monday

Great Fall Albums

I admit it, I am one of those who cannot listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas. I love being able to celebrate it for as long as we can, but I also love living in the moment. In this moment the air is starting to chill, the colors are starting to change, and the fog is settling in on the ground. I cannot help but appreciate this moment for what it is. I don’t want to be so excited about Santa, and little baby Jesus, and sharing beautiful gifts with my loved ones that I forget to appreciate the mystery of the seasons changing. That said, here is a short list of some of my absolute favorite albums to listen to through the fall. They help me to relax and enjoy that sweet mystery.


Coldplay - Parachutes
Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
Sarah Mclachlan - all of her albums...
India.Arie - Voyage To India
David Gray - Greatest Hits
Peter Gabriel - Anything by this man...
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - Once Soundtrack

There are so many more artists...but that’s the short list. Post your favorite fall artists as comments to this blog post and I will feature your lists up until Thanksgiving, and then we’ll be onto the holiday tunes we’re all anxious for! Like Everly's Fireside album. *wink, wink*

Enjoy! Happy Monday to you!

~ Amber

9 comments:

Morrison said...

I would say for this particular Monday,
Ulrich Schnauss & Jonas Munk make a great set of sounds together.

Alexandra said...

Thanks Amber!

SamCovie said...

Sooo many to choose from!!! Some of my favorites while I sit outside in the crisp air doing homework are...

City and Colour- Anything by Dallas Green is killer!
Enation- World In Flight
Gavin DeGraw- Sweeter and Chariot
Laura Izibor- Let the Truth Be Told
Of Monsters & Men- Little Talks
A Fine Frenzy- One Cell in The Sea

There are so many more that I could have included, but these are some of my absolute favorites right now. :)

Linda said...

It was about time you started to blogging again!
Well haven't had time to go through my music, but I can post another comment when I have!

Alexandra said...

Alexandra
Matthew Morrison- Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Him singing with the ukulele is just beautiful. My favorite version of the song.)
Jamie Cullum- Let it Snow
Everly- Fireside
Martina McBride- O Holy Night
John Lennon- So This is Christmas
Peanuts- Linus and Lucy
Bruce Springsteen- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Patty Griffin- Long Ride Home (Everly needs to do a recording of this song! ;) )
Soulsavers- Revival
Billy Bragg and Wilco- Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key
I have a serious love for score music. Here are my favorites! :)
Doe Eyes from The Bridges of Madison County- Clint Eastwood
End Credits from Million Dollar Baby- Clint Eastwood
Somewhere in my Memory from Home Alone- John Williams
We Had Today from One Day- Rachel Portman

Lisa from Sparks said...

Simply Beautiful & California Dreamin' Queen Latifah
Lesson Learned Alicia Keys & John Mayer
Fever Beyonce
You Found Me The Fray
The Climb Miley Cyrus
Hallelujah Kate Voegele
Quicksand Everly
Hope Now Adison Road
My Own Little World Matthew West
True Beauty Mandisa

Chantelle.xoxo said...

This fall im loving
- Michelle Branch, literally any of her songs, loving her latest 'Loud music'
- The Script - Science and Faith album
- City & Colour - The Girl
- Christina Perri's album (basically any of her songs, paticularly Jar of hearts and a thousand years!
- Ellie Goulding - Lights album
- Charlene Soraia - Whereever you will go

Rieann Sevilla said...

Fall tunes...
Today has been okay - Emiliana Torrini
Keep breathing - Ingrid Michaelson
Sunday Train - Bethany Joy Galeotti
Fallen - Sarah McLachlan
Everybody's Changing - Keane
Don't Walk Away - Bethany Joy Galeotti
Samson - Regina Spektor
Love can't lie - Sarah Geronimo

Linda said...

To be honest, I don't have a "special" fall playlist, and I have to disappoint you.. Sorry.. I still don't have gone through my music.. But here is a couple of songs that is kind of fun to sing.

NEEDTOBREAHTE - Something beautiful
NEEDTOBREATHE - Washed by the water (acoustic)
Lady Antebellum - American honey
Duffy - Big flame
Adele - Set fire to the rain
Tracy Chapman - Fast car
Lady Gaga - You and I

Take care!